New System: Overgear

Post Reply
kastialove3
Topaz
Topaz
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed May 13, 2020 12:04 am

Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:22 pm

I had a concept that i would love to explore. The concept is called overgear. This would be a new system where you essentially turn whatever equipment you have and then making it able to level up. Similar to timeless and fateless gear. The twist is that you have to use duplicates of the equipment to level it up.

1. Minimal gains

Each level you get will give you minimal gains. Like 1 all stat and 1 wa. This system is meant for min-maxing gear at different points of the game. For example, early game players can overgear their terminus weapons or empress gear for fairly cheap for decent gains. Mid game players stuck behind SW can overgear their absolute or maple black gear for some additional gains. End game players overgear dupes of PNO accessories. Or even SW. This segways to how to overgear.

2. How it works

New npc or item that makes your equipment overgear.
Maximum levels is 10 or 20. Has to be the same item. Bonuses don't apply to enhancing or TA. Starts off level 0.

Lvl1 = 1 copy
Lvl2 = 2 copy
Lvl3 = 4 copy
Lvl4 = 6 copy
Lvl5 = 9 copy
And etc...

3. Impact on market
This should increase the price of equipment in the auction house. It is no secret that bossing to sell equipment dropped from bosses has been out of style for a long time. This should increase price of terminus weapons and maple black secondaries and other equipment. So people can look foward to making money from bossing now.
cocoa
Topaz
Topaz
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:47 am

Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:00 pm

So what you're saying is that endgame players should have an option to min-max by crafting SW duplicates which in turn increases the demand for already scarce resources just to give obsolete gear slightly more use?

Besides the fact that this concept already exists and is called TA.
kastialove3
Topaz
Topaz
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed May 13, 2020 12:04 am

Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:47 pm

cocoa wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:00 pm
So what you're saying is that endgame players should have an option to min-max by crafting SW duplicates which in turn increases the demand for already scarce resources just to give obsolete gear slightly more use?

Besides the fact that this concept already exists and is called TA.
No because no endgame player is going to pay 50b to get 1 wa. :grin:

Also not same concept.
Reav
Topaz
Topaz
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:32 pm

Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:21 pm

kastialove3 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:47 pm
cocoa wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:00 pm
So what you're saying is that endgame players should have an option to min-max by crafting SW duplicates which in turn increases the demand for already scarce resources just to give obsolete gear slightly more use?

Besides the fact that this concept already exists and is called TA.
No because no endgame player is going to pay 50b to get 1 wa. :grin:

Also not same concept.
Honestly, I don't get the point of this, you're basically saying "Allow players to add very minimal stats to their gear by fusing duplicates" then also saying "SW gear people shouldn't / won't do it". So the people who are gonna do it are at Absolab / CRA level, where +20 att / stat doesn't do shit for them? And the SW geared people, who would actually gain some benefit from this due to their higher scaling SHOULDN'T do it (it's a fking bad idea for them to do it anyways)???? The only small benefit to this would be that people with SW gear can use it to enhance their remaining MBlack equips. That's it.

Edit: Also think about how selfish people would be with this change, people won't give out any kind of equipment boss drops (Fateless, PNO accessories, etc..) because they need 10s of duplicates to get some +20 att/stat on their gear.
kastialove3
Topaz
Topaz
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed May 13, 2020 12:04 am

Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:01 pm

Reav wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:21 pm
kastialove3 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:47 pm
cocoa wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:00 pm
So what you're saying is that endgame players should have an option to min-max by crafting SW duplicates which in turn increases the demand for already scarce resources just to give obsolete gear slightly more use?

Besides the fact that this concept already exists and is called TA.
No because no endgame player is going to pay 50b to get 1 wa. :grin:

Also not same concept.
Honestly, I don't get the point of this, you're basically saying "Allow players to add very minimal stats to their gear by fusing duplicates" then also saying "SW gear people shouldn't / won't do it". So the people who are gonna do it are at Absolab / CRA level, where +20 att / stat doesn't do shit for them? And the SW geared people, who would actually gain some benefit from this due to their higher scaling SHOULDN'T do it (it's a fking bad idea for them to do it anyways)???? The only small benefit to this would be that people with SW gear can use it to enhance their remaining MBlack equips. That's it.

Edit: Also think about how selfish people would be with this change, people won't give out any kind of equipment boss drops (Fateless, PNO accessories, etc..) because they need 10s of duplicates to get some +20 att/stat on their gear.
I think you are wrong about +20 all stat and 20 wa being not useful for people at absolab and cra level. If you do this for 10-15 pieces of gear u will have +200 all stat and 200 wa. This is pretty huge boost for people at this level because they have to overcome hard bosses wall then when they start obtaining maple black they will hit another wall which is SW. Obviously the design is centered towards early+mid game players not endgame players. How does this benefit endgame players? You can sell boss drops at a higher price.
Reav
Topaz
Topaz
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:32 pm

Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:16 pm

kastialove3 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:01 pm
Reav wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:21 pm
kastialove3 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:47 pm
cocoa wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:00 pm
So what you're saying is that endgame players should have an option to min-max by crafting SW duplicates which in turn increases the demand for already scarce resources just to give obsolete gear slightly more use?

Besides the fact that this concept already exists and is called TA.
No because no endgame player is going to pay 50b to get 1 wa. :grin:

Also not same concept.
Honestly, I don't get the point of this, you're basically saying "Allow players to add very minimal stats to their gear by fusing duplicates" then also saying "SW gear people shouldn't / won't do it". So the people who are gonna do it are at Absolab / CRA level, where +20 att / stat doesn't do shit for them? And the SW geared people, who would actually gain some benefit from this due to their higher scaling SHOULDN'T do it (it's a fking bad idea for them to do it anyways)???? The only small benefit to this would be that people with SW gear can use it to enhance their remaining MBlack equips. That's it.

Edit: Also think about how selfish people would be with this change, people won't give out any kind of equipment boss drops (Fateless, PNO accessories, etc..) because they need 10s of duplicates to get some +20 att/stat on their gear.
I think you are wrong about +20 all stat and 20 wa being not useful for people at absolab and cra level. If you do this for 10-15 pieces of gear u will have +200 all stat and 200 wa. This is pretty huge boost for people at this level because they have to overcome hard bosses wall then when they start obtaining maple black they will hit another wall which is SW. Obviously the design is centered towards early+mid game players not endgame players. How does this benefit endgame players? You can sell boss drops at a higher price.
Uhhh, so every Absolab equip takes 15 coins, and let's say they pickup all coin drops from nbosses, plus the instance drop, they'd get 28 coins every 2 days. Meaning to buy 10-15 duplicates, they'd need about 16 days per equip? Let's say they do that for the full Absolab set, it would take a cool 100 days+ to get that +20 att/stat on all equips. By that time they could be full 9 piece SW +.

I don't see how this could be a good idea, unless you reach max "overgear" level with like 2-3 equips, which would be kinda overpowered for early game, and it'd be a catastrophe for mid-end game, rich people will buy out SW materials to get that extra watt, and our already strained supply will be fked.
kastialove3
Topaz
Topaz
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed May 13, 2020 12:04 am

Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:29 pm

Reav wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:16 pm
kastialove3 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:01 pm
Reav wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:21 pm
kastialove3 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:47 pm
cocoa wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:00 pm
So what you're saying is that endgame players should have an option to min-max by crafting SW duplicates which in turn increases the demand for already scarce resources just to give obsolete gear slightly more use?

Besides the fact that this concept already exists and is called TA.
No because no endgame player is going to pay 50b to get 1 wa. :grin:

Also not same concept.
Honestly, I don't get the point of this, you're basically saying "Allow players to add very minimal stats to their gear by fusing duplicates" then also saying "SW gear people shouldn't / won't do it". So the people who are gonna do it are at Absolab / CRA level, where +20 att / stat doesn't do shit for them? And the SW geared people, who would actually gain some benefit from this due to their higher scaling SHOULDN'T do it (it's a fking bad idea for them to do it anyways)???? The only small benefit to this would be that people with SW gear can use it to enhance their remaining MBlack equips. That's it.

Edit: Also think about how selfish people would be with this change, people won't give out any kind of equipment boss drops (Fateless, PNO accessories, etc..) because they need 10s of duplicates to get some +20 att/stat on their gear.
I think you are wrong about +20 all stat and 20 wa being not useful for people at absolab and cra level. If you do this for 10-15 pieces of gear u will have +200 all stat and 200 wa. This is pretty huge boost for people at this level because they have to overcome hard bosses wall then when they start obtaining maple black they will hit another wall which is SW. Obviously the design is centered towards early+mid game players not endgame players. How does this benefit endgame players? You can sell boss drops at a higher price.
Uhhh, so every Absolab equip takes 15 coins, and let's say they pickup all coin drops from nbosses, plus the instance drop, they'd get 28 coins every 2 days. Meaning to buy 10-15 duplicates, they'd need about 16 days per equip? Let's say they do that for the full Absolab set, it would take a cool 100 days+ to get that +20 att/stat on all equips. By that time they could be full 9 piece SW +.

I don't see how this could be a good idea, unless you reach max "overgear" level with like 2-3 equips, which would be kinda overpowered for early game, and it'd be a catastrophe for mid-end game, rich people will buy out SW materials to get that extra watt, and our already strained supply will be fked.
You are thinking of only hitting max lvl overgear. Think of it as diminished returns. Maybe getting to lvl5 is worth on absolab gear until you get maple black. Max lvl overgear is only worth for BIS items like maple black 2ndary, ring, pend. More of a boost so early+mid game players can overcome the wall
pewpewpewpew
Interested Member
Interested Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 11, 2020 5:43 pm

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:56 pm

This doesn't help mid game players because the cost of doing this is more expensive than using coins to get boss cores which can be used to progress gear.
ms0689487
Emerald
Emerald
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:04 pm

Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:08 pm

weirdchamp
cocoa
Topaz
Topaz
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:47 am

Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:55 am

It literally is the same concept of "upgrading gears beyond its current potential".

Besides the fact that this will further ruin the economy, current content is completely doable with their respective gear tiers. I see absolutely no point in adding this feature except trying to revive something that is already dead. And by that I am referring to lower gear tiers.

What's more interesting probably is you still not seeing the obvious flaws and needlessness of your idea after several people have pointed them out to you.
Post Reply
  • Information