Toxicity of this server.

Any general-purpose discussion about the game or the server (that doesn't fit into other categories) goes here.

leumas
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:59 am

Just sharing my thoughts,

We all know that Kastia is in shambles right now due to many issues. Inflations, icogs, sw scroll buff, luk buff that isn't really a buff and of course class balance and this lead to a ton of people quitting, the previous ban wave on LD solvers might also have been another cause of it.

Those toxic assholes on discord, you guys are another reason why people quit this server as well. Flaming people for literally everything down to being a newbie.

There are just too much negativity going around in this server that I'm surprise the mod didn't just gave everyone the middle finger and close teh server after releasing the DP sink of NX gacha. I am pretty sure they are trying to improve the server, so what's with the toxicity on discord?? Players are threatening to quit, calling names etc etc. I mean sure, I'm not happy with certain aspects of the server as well like how it costs an arm and a leg to do anything but what is threatening and name calling going to do? If you feel you have a good suggestion just put it up? If it does not get selected just suck it up as everyone has different opinion about it, don't have to be all salty about your ' perfect' solution being gutted.

Take the icog/sw scroll for example. From what I see, most people in the mega thread are leaning towards the idea of an alternative that's better than the current sw scroll, so it's either a buff or a new scroll all together. Suddenly after Alicia decided that this shall be the way, players with a lot of sw that used sw scrolls are complaining about this decision, which I totally understand. It's unfair to you, from what I see most of your points are that you have no issues progressing through legend content with just sweet water equip. Here's the thing, that was during your time. Things are so much different now,(from what i observe and understand from my friend) LEMP aside as there are quite a bit of carrying done in the server allowing for dpm lee ways which also means getting sw suit/earring/cape is significantly easier. So now, requirements in your day and the present is different isn't it? Back then when LGPQ just came out if you have a piece or two of sw, I'll take you in (DPM isn't that big of a concern because you're likely to be better than anyone that's full mblack with no sw). Considering how uncommon it was back then to have sw and the same thing when Lmag came out. You cleared LGPQ/ LEMP and have their sw piece? Welcome onboard.

Now a days, the requirement is different. (with the exception of LEMP)
For those who are like, hey i'm a evan and xx brought me into lgpq and lmag (Not everyone have a xx as their friend)
You kinda have to be one of the meta classes. Even so you have competition with players of your class, as a normal human being you would take in a 15t xenon over a 14t xenon right? considering they are both experience in the particular run. This is where the 1t which you lose out because you didn't icog your gear matters. Today people are getting stuck in 1-2 sw gear from LEMP and this is becoming the norm thus standards will be raised for easier clears.

Anyway i'm pretty sure you guys aren't buying it anyway because non of that matters when you have to re-do all your sw right. This server runs only because of you. Self-centered homo sapiens. Even if the choice made is the correct one you guys are gonna cry all day long because it does not benefit YOU. This in return makes the MOD rethink their decision only to be pressure to make further adjustment and this ends up being disastrous for everyone and in the end and you guys come back and cry even more about how shitty the patch gets. It's impossible to satisfy everyone and this is something you guys need to understand. If you truly like the game and want it to last think of what's good for everyone but not just yourself.

TLDR: Stop your name callings and be patient. Don't think this server revolves only around you, be nice and maybe your constructive suggestions might be accepted.

P.S I'm kinda sure SOME of those crying about the SW buff because they hoard a bunch of iCogs and can't sell it out lmao
KarKin95

Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:15 am

I wish I could like this thread.
Veehicle

Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:19 am

I agree with some of your points. People can’t give suggestions without being toxic, imagine it in our DMs. We’re all humans, so it is draining.

It’s hard to please both sides of the player base. They came up with a solution, and it got shot down by starting players. They came up with another solution, and it’s being shot down by end game players. We can’t win, but I don’t expect everyone to be satisfied either.

Do I understand their frustration? Yes. But this just brings me back to my point, it’s impossible to please both sides. Any major change will affect either side of the spectrum.
vroom vroom
Comely
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
In-Game Name: Comely

Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:52 am

Actually, no. There is no difference in what gear players used to have vs what they have now, the issue lies with several factors I'll try to simplify some things for obvious reasons though.
The first thing you mentioned were sweetwater scrolls.
Unlike what you appear to think they are not the issue by any means, you don't need a better scroll to clear already-existing content.

In fact you specified lgpq as the big hurdle and I'll extrapolate on why that is a problem only now:

-The community involvement when it comes to raid organization, is very very lackluster. A LFP channel is simply not sufficient. You can't say how good a player is at their class until they are actually in your team. This is why the dummy parses are so important to recruiters since there is no real other presentation of a player's skill until they are running.
There is also a big misconception towards LGPQ anyway; it is clearable with a full party of maple black and pno equipped players but to the average player getting into the game now seems like a completely insane concept.

Why? Well this is because before almost all of the week 1-3 squads cleared it was completely realistic to have decent to good ta's on all of your equipment. This is no longer the case. Even with ludi PP being added you still cannot access the optimal rates to optimize your gear in a way that would allow you to clear the content fairly comfortably.
Like I said before; LGPQ is not a dpm check at all, it is a brain function check, but due to the limitations of the playerbase this is not reflected clearly. It is not an easy challenge to find 12 competent players who all have the time and patience to progress for hours. (This was the case before as pretty much everyone was going through quarantine at the time).
So instead of progressing with a full party like you should; there is a sort of ''dpm check'' by recruiters for squads who want to clear easily without spending that much time.

By buffing sweetwater scrolls you are not really fixing the problem but instead creating unnecessary power creep by giving every class xenon-esque scaling.
I really have to emphasize that you do not need any sweetwater pieces to clear either lemp or LGPQ, the entry level legend content it simply takes time, practice and competence as well as sadly you have to play meta or somewhat meta classes until the classes are better balanced all-round.
There is definitely a problem with the way recruitment, misinformation, bias, getting carried etc. is handled though. Rather than adressing that problem, arguably the more important one, the gear is adressed to create even greater divide between sw/non sw.

As for 'things have changed' this one is something I agree with entirely. This is felt at every stage of the game, too, not just mid/early game players.
The biggest issue at the moment is time-alchemy and arguably innocence scrolls as they are absolutely vital for progression.
A few months ago, you could comfortably time alch all your maple black items without having to worry too much about consistently farming every day, in the current economy this isn't really doable.
Time alchemy as a system is a great concept but due to the way the economy is designed around it it forces players to grind mindlessly to finish their items.

Botters/ld solvers/jitbit/teamviewers were allowed to run rampant for months racking up consistent meso with either far too minor consequences, or none at all giving players the ability to endlessly farm endlessly, ruining the economy for the young-uns who now have to face massive inflation with sub-par rates and are unable to catch up at a decent pace, truly love minecraftstory for the first few hundred hours of the game sounds great.

Even after I've already ''progressed'' this issue is felt to 'endgame' players even now.
At the start of the server it was realistic and even recommended to even TA your absolab gear and cra gear if you wanted (wow that must sound crazy) but I can tell with the current cost of time alchemy this is now unfeasible. Even at sweetwater gear now time alchemy is by far the biggest offender when it comes to cost of make/remake whatever and this is represented by players who are now looking a remake of 1-9 pieces.
If you're not lucky you're spending more on your ta than the item itself+the sw scrolls to scroll it.
That's the biggest issue the 'endgame' players are trying to point at, there is not that much criticism of the scroll change itself.

I do think the scroll change benefits nearly the entire playerbase, but as I have pointed out in my thread it leaves no room for the supposed ''op broken'' scroll to have any more use, which for some people ruins the point of minmaxing at all as well as uh yeah power creep.
Why should content have to be rebalanced again..?
If the admins want this to be the case, then so be it. There is not much you can do as a player about it but try to provide insight into what you are thinking and want to see happen to the game as well.

All in all I think the biggest thing that needs to be looked at is meso sinks, innocs and the availability of ta materials at all stages of the game; these are kind of the make or break of the playerbase but the issue does honestly not lie with the scrolls.
leumas
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:53 am

Comely wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:52 am
Actually, no. There is no difference in what gear players used to have vs what they have now, the issue lies with several factors I'll try to simplify some things for obvious reasons though.
The first thing you mentioned were sweetwater scrolls.
Unlike what you appear to think they are not the issue by any means, you don't need a better scroll to clear already-existing content.

In fact you specified lgpq as the big hurdle and I'll extrapolate on why that is a problem only now:

-The community involvement when it comes to raid organization, is very very lackluster. A LFP channel is simply not sufficient. You can't say how good a player is at their class until they are actually in your team. This is why the dummy parses are so important to recruiters since there is no real other presentation of a player's skill until they are running.
There is also a big misconception towards LGPQ anyway; it is clearable with a full party of maple black and pno equipped players but to the average player getting into the game now seems like a completely insane concept.

Why? Well this is because before almost all of the week 1-3 squads cleared it was completely realistic to have decent to good ta's on all of your equipment. This is no longer the case. Even with ludi PP being added you still cannot access the optimal rates to optimize your gear in a way that would allow you to clear the content fairly comfortably.
Like I said before; LGPQ is not a dpm check at all, it is a brain function check, but due to the limitations of the playerbase this is not reflected clearly. It is not an easy challenge to find 12 competent players who all have the time and patience to progress for hours. (This was the case before as pretty much everyone was going through quarantine at the time).
So instead of progressing with a full party like you should; there is a sort of ''dpm check'' by recruiters for squads who want to clear easily without spending that much time.

By buffing sweetwater scrolls you are not really fixing the problem but instead creating unnecessary power creep by giving every class xenon-esque scaling.
I really have to emphasize that you do not need any sweetwater pieces to clear either lemp or LGPQ, the entry level legend content it simply takes time, practice and competence as well as sadly you have to play meta or somewhat meta classes until the classes are better balanced all-round.
There is definitely a problem with the way recruitment, misinformation, bias, getting carried etc. is handled though. Rather than adressing that problem, arguably the more important one, the gear is adressed to create even greater divide between sw/non sw.

As for 'things have changed' this one is something I agree with entirely. This is felt at every stage of the game, too, not just mid/early game players.
The biggest issue at the moment is time-alchemy and arguably innocence scrolls as they are absolutely vital for progression.
A few months ago, you could comfortably time alch all your maple black items without having to worry too much about consistently farming every day, in the current economy this isn't really doable.
Time alchemy as a system is a great concept but due to the way the economy is designed around it it forces players to grind mindlessly to finish their items.

Botters/ld solvers/jitbit/teamviewers were allowed to run rampant for months racking up consistent meso with either far too minor consequences, or none at all giving players the ability to endlessly farm endlessly, ruining the economy for the young-uns who now have to face massive inflation with sub-par rates and are unable to catch up at a decent pace, truly love minecraftstory for the first few hundred hours of the game sounds great.

Even after I've already ''progressed'' this issue is felt to 'endgame' players even now.
At the start of the server it was realistic and even recommended to even TA your absolab gear and cra gear if you wanted (wow that must sound crazy) but I can tell with the current cost of time alchemy this is now unfeasible. Even at sweetwater gear now time alchemy is by far the biggest offender when it comes to cost of make/remake whatever and this is represented by players who are now looking a remake of 1-9 pieces.
If you're not lucky you're spending more on your ta than the item itself+the sw scrolls to scroll it.
That's the biggest issue the 'endgame' players are trying to point at, there is not that much criticism of the scroll change itself.

I do think the scroll change benefits nearly the entire playerbase, but as I have pointed out in my thread it leaves no room for the supposed ''op broken'' scroll to have any more use, which for some people ruins the point of minmaxing at all as well as uh yeah power creep.
Why should content have to be rebalanced again..?
If the admins want this to be the case, then so be it. There is not much you can do as a player about it but try to provide insight into what you are thinking and want to see happen to the game as well.

All in all I think the biggest thing that needs to be looked at is meso sinks, innocs and the availability of ta materials at all stages of the game; these are kind of the make or break of the playerbase but the issue does honestly not lie with the scrolls.

I get your point and I'm actually not here to complain about LGPQ or whatever. To be honest whether sw scroll gets buffed or not I also don't really care as I've got my own squad settled. What I'm actually getting at this post is people should just stop being toxic and whining about everything that is being implemented just because it does not benefit them.

Okay so back to the point, yea you mentioned lgpq is clear-able with mblack/pno gear. Are you going to take those players in? Even if you are how many can you carry? Why i used lgpq as an example is because many people get stuck here as requirements to get into a squad is not forgiving,(exclude those people that are being carried) sure you can clear lgpq with 1 sw or full mblack or whatever but it doesn't matter if nobody buys it and takes you into their squad.

Here's something ironic, all those old players are saying that they cleared lgpq with only so and so dpm why aren't they stepping up to carry those within their said dpm? Chances are they themselves are looking for the best dpm they can find for that certain role for an easy and fast clear. So this whole cycle tempt people into icogging their gear and the costs + rng just makes it undesirable. So with a boost in sw scroll, this MIGHT potentially elevate a bit of this problem. This is how i see this sw scroll, for me? I might re-do a few piece of sw and for those that I went for min max I can only suck it up as after all it's my own choice to do it.
heibai

Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:58 am

ngl i'm a total newb at 5k stats and i'd love to progress, but discord is pretty intimidating to ask questions. the not-nice minority are pretty vocal and present, so they create the atmosphere.
Frankopan18
In-Game Name: C19Protector

Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:11 am

I recently quitted this server due to a lot of reasons one being inflation and unable to progress if you're a new player with prices still rising up so rapidly. My suggestion is, if you want to stabilize the market and prices, stabilize the one thing which everyone is rising according to: ICOG!

How hard it is to put ICOG at a stable price by for example: Enabling it to buy for let's say 500 daily coins? Price would be constant, NX would come to a realistic price and people wouldn't be such crybabies. I suggested this before also, but no one even took it into consideration. This is literally a half hour programming job + testing (half hour), roughly 1 hour of a job and game stabilizes dramatically.

Hope you do it or something similiar to this, just giving my thoughts.
Vlam
Interested Member
Interested Member
In-Game Name: Vlam

Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:40 am

Frankopan18 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:11 am
I recently quitted this server due to a lot of reasons one being inflation and unable to progress if you're a new player with prices still rising up so rapidly. My suggestion is, if you want to stabilize the market and prices, stabilize the one thing which everyone is rising according to: ICOG!

How hard it is to put ICOG at a stable price by for example: Enabling it to buy for let's say 500 daily coins? Price would be constant, NX would come to a realistic price and people wouldn't be such crybabies. I suggested this before also, but no one even took it into consideration. This is literally a half hour programming job + testing (half hour), roughly 1 hour of a job and game stabilizes dramatically.

Hope you do it or something similiar to this, just giving my thoughts.
Unable to progress as a new player? You spend one day mining/herbalism and you got a couple of bil to play around with.
cyim321
In-Game Name: YourPallyPal

Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:38 pm

heibai wrote:
ngl i'm a total newb at 5k stats and i'd love to progress, but discord is pretty intimidating to ask questions. the not-nice minority are pretty vocal and present, so they create the atmosphere.
I was in your spot not long ago and I just kept asking "stupid" questions. You do get the occasional person who belittles you for asking something simple, but you will often get the answer you are looking for. Just ask away, most of the admins are fairly nice and the people with different color names (idk if that actually means anything) are often very helpful too. Even at my current stage of being over one month into the game I still ask stupid questions.
heibai

Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:37 pm

cyim321 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:38 pm
heibai wrote:
I was in your spot not long ago and I just kept asking "stupid" questions. You do get the occasional person who belittles you for asking something simple, but you will often get the answer you are looking for. Just ask away, most of the admins are fairly nice and the people with different color names (idk if that actually means anything) are often very helpful too. Even at my current stage of being over one month into the game I still ask stupid questions.
Thank you for the encouragement! There definitely are some kind, patient souls on there. :) My time in Kastia has been p fun so far.
fluffybt
Topaz
Topaz
In-Game Name: FluffyKanna

Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:22 am

This is indeed a pressing issue, especially discord, not sure why the mods aren't muting certain people.
Uebak
Interested Member
Interested Member

Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:44 am

fluffybt wrote:
This is indeed a pressing issue, especially discord, not sure why the mods aren't muting certain people.
Considering you have people like smol and Vee in the discord, it's not a surprise. They defend their friends and mute others who brings up legit points about the server and tries to cancel them.

Funny thing is that they don't even play the game or are even hard stuck 50k then type in discord all day with their 10k+ messages
PotatoMaster
Interested Member
Interested Member

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:12 am

Uebak wrote:
fluffybt wrote:
Considering you have people like smol and Vee in the discord, it's not a surprise. They defend their friends and mute others who brings up legit points about the server and tries to cancel them.

Funny thing is that they don't even play the game or are even hard stuck 50k then type in discord all day with their 10k+ messages
Lol i thought i'm the only one who thinks that.
Adversus
Interested Member
Interested Member

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:11 am

PotatoMaster wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:12 am
Uebak wrote:
fluffybt wrote:

Lol i thought i'm the only one who thinks that.
I haven't really seen any issues with Vee, but Smol on the other hand, is a useless bag of bricks.
classic

Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:07 pm

Uebak wrote:
fluffybt wrote:

Smol is useless in every conceivable way and offers little to nothing to the community as an individual and a moderator. Vee is also only useful for telling people to reinstall the game/install vjoy when people have technical problems and unstucking accounts.
sympathetic

Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:02 am

classic wrote:
Uebak wrote:
fluffybt wrote:

Smol is useless in every conceivable way and offers little to nothing to the community as an individual and a moderator. Vee is also only useful for telling people to reinstall the game/install vjoy when people have technical problems and unstucking accounts.
hey! at least she sends love to vee and her friends everyday on discord :lol:
Uebak
Interested Member
Interested Member

Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:00 am

Good to see i'm not the only one sharing these sentiments
Rapunzel
Interested Member
Interested Member

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:12 am

Wow look at these losers bitching about a mod who indiscriminately applies the rules to everyone including their friends in discord and has more messages in q-and-a helping people than probably anyone else in the discord. It must suck that you get muted for breaking the rules or being little shits, eh? It's pretty pathetic that you've got problems with them as a mod when they've done more to settle down the toxic shit fest that was the discord than anyone else as well.

Jeez look another sin of a not having complete knowledge of technical issues but still trying to work with people to help them through it anyway. You know despite them helping find other that may know more about it come try to help them. You know and fuck all the other stuff they do to find botters, hackers, and resolve in-game issues, that stuff is irrelevant.

The only sentiments you guys share is that you're whiny bitches who couldn't handle not being personally treated as if you're important when you are nobodies who mean absolutely nothing to the server.
Last edited by Rapunzel on Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
smol

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:26 am

Uebak wrote:
Well, for starters, absolutely nobody gets muted for simply "bringing up legit points about the server". People discuss and criticize aspects of the server all the time without repercussion - the only people being muted are the ones that are incessantly whiny, toxic and bordering on troll-tier.

I'm sorry to say that aimlessly bitching and flaming at the community and staff team for hours or even in some cases days on end isn't "bringing up legit points about the server" it's just being a pain in the ass. Anyone that's legitimately concerned about the state of the server and wants to offer up actual useful solutions instead of making digs at the staff has the option of creating a suggestion.

As for what a couple of you are inferring about friends and favoritism - Personally I've muted several of my friends multiple times. What you're perceiving as immunity is actually just them being around long enough to know where the line is drawn and not pushing it.
Adversus wrote:
I haven't really seen any issues with Vee, but Smol on the other hand, is a useless bag of bricks.
classic wrote:
There's definitely a subtle irony in you guys coming into a thread about the server being excessively toxic in order to call people that have voluntarily spent hours a day for months doing the best they can to help the community useless.
Uebak
Interested Member
Interested Member

Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:57 pm

smol wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:26 am
Uebak wrote:
Well, for starters, absolutely nobody gets muted for simply "bringing up legit points about the server". People discuss and criticize aspects of the server all the time without repercussion - the only people being muted are the ones that are incessantly whiny, toxic and bordering on troll-tier.

I'm sorry to say that aimlessly bitching and flaming at the community and staff team for hours or even in some cases days on end isn't "bringing up legit points about the server" it's just being a pain in the ass. Anyone that's legitimately concerned about the state of the server and wants to offer up actual useful solutions instead of making digs at the staff has the option of creating a suggestion.

As for what a couple of you are inferring about friends and favoritism - Personally I've muted several of my friends multiple times. What you're perceiving as immunity is actually just them being around long enough to know where the line is drawn and not pushing it.
Adversus wrote:
classic wrote:
There's definitely a subtle irony in you guys coming into a thread about the server being excessively toxic in order to call people that have voluntarily spent hours a day for months doing the best they can to help the community useless.

Imagine thinking this is the general consensus of a few people rather than the silent majority. People don't want to speak out because you would just flame and mute them in discord. If you have ever read discord, you would realize that most people bear the same sentiments towards you
  • Information